Tuesday 8 February 2011

This Week's Picks (#30)

Before I go on to post the picks for this week, lets just pause and celebrate my 100th post! Whoo hoo!
Happy 100!

And now for this week's picks. Enjoy!

"Djon Maya" - Victor Démé


Démé inherited his music from his griot mother who gave him his outstanding voice. I really love his bluesy guitar and melancholy voice. From Burkina Faso, Démé has only recently released his internationally available albums and slowly gaining the fame he deserves.


"Mariama Kaba" - Boubacar Traoré


Apparently in a bluesy mood today, I've chosen another great African blues artist. I absolutely love this track. Boubacar is a fantastic Malian guitarist, whose unfortunate nickname "Kar Kar" means "one who dribbles too much". This track is from his first album, Mariama produced in France shortly after his wife died.

No comments:

Post a Comment