Tuesday 21 June 2011

This Week's Picks (#43)

Once again, I find myself apologising for the tardiness of my posts. Let's see if I can get back on track. I hope you enjoy this week's picks in the meantime.


"Tawazon I: Balance" - Khyam Allami


This is a track from Khyam Allami's brand new album (released last week) Resonance/Dissonance. I recently attended Allami's album launch, and while I've enjoyed listening to this rising oud star for the past few years, his concert was really something special. I hope to post a review of Allami's new album soon, but in the meantime please enjoy this track and pick up the album yourself.


"Sunshine Day" - Osibisa


And now for something completely different...this should make your hips shake, feet tap, or at the very least, head nod. Osibisa is an Afro-pop band started in the 1970s that claim to have contributed to the founding of 'World Music'.

No comments:

Post a Comment