Monday 18 April 2011

This Week's Picks (#39)

A slightly brief version of "This Week's Picks" for you this week, but I hope you enjoy none-the-less!

"Untitled" - Mumford and Sons


While these guys have become giants on the folk/rock scene mainly for their ability to make folk more accessible to the younger generation, I came across a great list of 10 of their lesser known songs. Ever since stumbling across this, I've had this track stuck in my head and I love it. I have to admit that one of my weaknesses is great harmony. If you have a track with fantastic harmony, I love it. And I just melt to the harmonies in this track. Plus, I still think you can't go wrong with electric banjo.


"Pesebre"- Axel Krygier


This song features bleating sheep. How can you not love it? I used to like this song just because it was so weird, but it really grows on you. Even better, I saw the Argentinian Axel Krygier live last night at KOKO, and boy can that guy put on a live show!? He is amazing live, always moving and so incredibly full of energy. It makes me love this track even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment