Sunday 7 August 2011

World music icons, any thoughts?

As some of you may have noticed, I am returning after almost a month's hiatus. I wish I could tell you that I had been traveling distant countries in search of good music, but instead I have been taking a much needed break. I would like to thank all those who have stuck around and assure you that Nomad's Playlist is back.

Now, on to more exciting business. Songlines magazine is asking for world music icon suggestions. Do you have an artist in mind that you think has changed the face of 'world music' or an artist is is chomping at the bit to follow in the footsteps of the greats? If so, hop on over to Songline's Facebook page and let them know. They will be putting some of the suggestions in their next issue.

http://www.facebook.com/songlines#!/songlines?sk=app_11007063052 

For more details, read the Icons feature in their new issue (#78, August/September).


No comments:

Post a Comment